Navigation

Monday, April 23, 2012

Photo A Day #61 On the way to Maine

First let me start by saying, I've wanted to see a covered bridge ever since I saw Beetlejuice when I was little. I watched the film over and over again, and didn't think it would be such a bad thing to be inside that lovely New England house forever. I actually didn't get to drive through a covered bridge, which sounds silly now, but we had to drive from Vermont to the top of Maine and we were in a hurry. I always try to leave some things undone when I travel so I have an excuse to come back!

Another Drive-By State line marker... Live Free or Die.

I love this Motel sign: "Down Home Motel - C'mon and stay a spell"

This was one of my favourite roads to drive, RT 16 NTH New Hampshire. Breathtaking.

Next stop, Maine.

Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice.
Kitty
xo

4 comments:

  1. I am LOVING these photos of your USA adventure! So, so beautiful. The reflection in that lake is stunning!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drive was so beautiful, definitely a place I want to go back to some day... soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in NH right off of route 16 :) Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so incredibly lucky! That was one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places I have been. I will absolutely be back soon, I loved it!
      x

      Delete

Etsy