Navigation

Monday, April 30, 2012

Photo A Day #68 Sew-A-Long Success


This is the first time I have sewed properly in a few years, but my mom used to sew all my clothes when I was growing up and now she quilts. So hopefully the skill is inherited. I joined in on See Kate Sew's Ruffles 2012 Sew-A-Long and made this lovely clutch purse.. I was a little worried I'd fail miserably, and I have to admit, I did have to unpick it once after I made 2 pouches rather than a pouch with a flap. But it was a re-learning experience and I really enjoyed making it! I'm a little scared everything I make from now on might have a ruffle attached, but I'll do my best to restrain myself. Less is more, as they say.


I decided to add a little flower with my leftover ruffles, adorned with one of my vintage buttons. Finally I'm dipping into my button collection! There's plenty more where that one came from, so I guess I'd better keep sewing :)

Thanks for the tutorial and Sew-A-Long motivation Kate, I really enjoyed making your Sunshine Clutch!

Kitty
xo

6 comments:

  1. Nice!! I love the fun fabric. The flower you added is too cute (^_^)

    Visiting from Kate's link up,
    Nikell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweetness! I like the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I could've spent all day trying to decide on fabrics, it's dangerous!
      x

      Delete
  3. Oh cool I need to check out this sewing ruffles blog business. Thanks for sharing your project! It looks great : )

    mybillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! Kate's blog is great, there's so many projects to inspire your sewing adventures!
      x

      Delete

Etsy