Navigation

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I Wore - Blue and White

C took these photos while we were waiting for my phone to be repaired. It was a bit of an impromptu location, but how amazing is that fence? I have always admired it whenever I pass by, but for some reason never thought to take photos. This is why I keep the boy around. He's a thinker :)

I'm still trying to get used to the idea of being photographed at all, let alone in a public place with random people gawking at me. I feel like I'm conquering a fear though, and each time it gets a little easier. I learned a long time ago not to care what other people think, as long as you feel like you're being the best person to yourself and those around you, it's not worth worrying what others perceive.

I use photoshop a LOT for my work, but I don't retouch my photos, except for some colour correction and an odd bit of trickery (layering etc) here and there. I'm quite enjoying the old reflect technique! When I was at school I was really into the idea of doing retouching as a career. Then it occurred to me that all I would probably end up doing is smoothing out people's skin, making them skinnier in parts and rounder in other parts, and in general telling a lie. I think it has it's place, but only to enhance an image, not to change it from the original capture.

I got these tights in the Urban Outfitters store in Savannah, GA. The girl at the counter gave me a little smile and then charged me 10c for them. I'm not sure why she did that, but they qualify as the cheapest clothing item that I have ever bought! Thanks random UO girl in Savannah :)



Somehow I've managed to wear everything from Urban Outfitters (except accessories). I got all of the clothes at least 6 months ago, so they probably aren't for sale anymore. The website for UO is down, so I'll just link to their main page, if you want more details on anything, just let me know.

Blouse // Pins and needles @ Urban Outfitters
Skirt // Kimchi Blue @ Urban Outfitters
Tights // Urban Outfitters
Wedge Oxfords // Deena and Ozzy @ Urban Outfitters
Turquoise Ring // Gift
Octopus Ring // OctopusMe
Six Shooter Earring // Really old, inexplicably from a random hippy store
Diamond Studs // Gift from C.
Bambi Necklace // Gift
 Cat Brooch // The DAN300 Group 
 (I purchased mine in Berkelouw Books, Paddington)

Thanks for reading, as always, I love to hear your thoughts, so comment below if you feel the need :)
Kitty xo

15 comments:

  1. so hi that fence is absolutely amazing and so is your hair!
    also, I'm definitely jealous of your cheap tights. I don't think I've ever gotten a random discount. once I got a burrito from chipotle for free because they took ten minutes to find cheese. I can't wear that, though.

    http://spectralcountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Firstly, how on earth do you lose the cheese in chipotle?! Secondly, you could wear the burrito, people have worn stranger things. But it probably wouldn't look very good ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I don't know! like they ran out then they just...couldn't find any more? it took a long time and I don't believe that they were like grating it fresh in the back or anything haha

      Delete
  3. You are so lovely! I love your big ring, I have a slight ring addiction I think!

    http://www.dear-sweetlings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Juli! I seem to have quite a few rings, but my daily rings are the octopus, the black skull and my big cathedral ring! I'm trying to mix it up a little so my others get some fair wearing in!
      x

      Delete
  4. Your fringe and the fence kinda match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great huh? Even though I'm kinda cheating by having *every* colour in my fringe!
      x

      Delete
  5. I love everything about this outfit. The patterns, colors, textures, it's all great. And I completely agree with you on photo retouching. It should enhance what's already there, not change the image entirely. Also, there are few things more exciting than a great UO sale. Kudos to you for the 10 cent tights!


    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sierra! I'm pretty sure that girl must've been having a bad day and wanted to stick it to the man, or else I completely charmed her with my Aussie accent. Either way, it has to be a one-off!
      x

      Delete
  6. What a great location for photos. I love your use of colour and all your accessories. That blue nail varnish is fab too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that skirrrt!!! love, love, love. the scalloped detail is too cute, and the tights are perfect with it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantilly, I wear this skirt ALL the time, it's pretty great!
      x

      Delete
  8. Oh whoa, pretty outfit! God I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete

Etsy