Navigation

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Photo A Day # 76 Mexican Fiesta

It was my colleagues birthday today (Happy Birthday TT!) so a bunch of us wandered up to a pretty new Mexican cafe up the road. Mexican has been my favorite since I was about 11 and discovered a taco recipe in a magazine. Until then it was pretty traditional Australian/English style dinners. Tacos opened my young mind to a whole new flavor sensation and I've never turned back!


For some reason, in the past 12 months or so, there has been a massive Mexican and South American food surge in Sydney. Along with South Western USA style diners and cafes. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I have so many choices now, but I feel like my secret has got out and now it's a free-for-all. Oh well, I guess I can share my love of Mexican food with all the hip bars. They'll change their mind next week and it will be trendy to run a Tibetan Butter Tea shop or something else. I'll remain faithful to my love of Mexican!

Sorry for the quality of these photos, they are taken on my phone. I did bring my camera to capture the festivities, but oops.. no memory card inside. Oh well. I hope you enjoy the colors anyway :) There was a nice cactus forest on our table as they made all 10 of us have one table number each. I had 2 tofu tacos, after asking the girl at the counter if the "Special Mystery Taco" was vegetarian today and she responded with "No. And it NEVER will be." ooohh kay then lady. Sorry to insult your carnivorous tendencies. I'll shut up and eat my tofu now ;) It was DELICIOUS.

Kitty
xo

4 comments:

  1. Mexican food is definitely one of my favorites too. Can't get enough! Ever!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
      mmm mmm
      x

      Delete
  2. I recently learned how to make tortillas -yeah, I know that they are so easy that a 4-year-old could do them too- and I tend to try all the combinations! Tortillas with shrimps, tortillas with fruit salad.
    They tortill-ed my life for good! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lot of tortillas, but I don't think I've had one with fruit salad. Bananas, yes. Not fruit salad - yet!
      xo

      Delete

Etsy