Navigation

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Photo A Day #88 Time Travel to a Peaceful Place

Today we are time traveling to a trip we took to Canberra last year. For those of you who don't know, Canberra is the capital of Australia, and therefore home to many politicians and public servants. I'd been there before, once to get my visa to work in the UK, and another time for work. My initial impressions: Sheep on the runway at the airport. Many, many roundabouts. Manicured lawns. Boring.


We decided to go back for a visit, and were very pleasantly surprised, there were lots of things to see and do, and a huge selection of galleries, archives and parks. We had a lovely time. Here's some pictures from the National Gallery. (Only outside, we managed to get into an altercation with staff trying to take pictures inside (no flash or anything). This was weird to us as we'd taken pictures everywhere in Europe... including in The Louvre... of the Mona Lisa! I mean.. c'mon Aussies... really? Is your art that precious?)

Kitty
xo

ALSO!! Don't forget to enter the Jessica-T Operator Please Telephone Necklace giveaway!! We're closing the giveaway in less than 24 hours, so chop chop!


2 comments:

  1. Reading this made me giggle a little. My boyfriend and I drove to Canberra last year, and the GPS was going crazy trying to navigate all the roundabouts. It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ness! Those roundabouts are pretty much guaranteed to incite rage in anyone using a GPS! I was baffled most of the time and drove in many circles!
      x

      Delete

Etsy