This week I bought kittyandbuck.com so now I have a more 'official' website! I also set up my etsy shop (very basically) so it is ready to sell my stock when the stock is ready (more details to come soon). I'm in the process of changing some of the layout of my blog (just some housekeeping) and I've also got some business cards on the way in preparation for some events coming up in the next month or two.
So, you see, things are happening, but sometimes you need to remind yourself of your achievements and not dwell on the 'failures' or works in progress that aren't being finished quickly enough. I have a few projects going on at the moment, as well as my 'commitments':
- I work full time and commute around 2 1/2 hours 5 days per week. (commitment)
- I just started my blog (wait, 3 months have passed? Noooo!) & committed to posting EVERY day
- Trying to be a better musician and commit to getting some work completed on this
- I'm setting up my Etsy store and I'm brimming with ideas of what to make and create for it
- I'm a new (ish) home owner and I'm trying to DIY rooms in my house (sooo beige right now)
- Learning to garden and attempting to grow my own food
- Learning to sew and make my own clothes
- Trying to read more!!
I should explain my picture as well, if you made it to the end of my essay ;) It's another project that is 90% done! I've been making my own jewelry display case using an old letterpress drawer and some hooks. I got the idea from etsy. I'll share the finished product with you, but I won't be doing a DIY.
a) because it's someone else's great idea!
b) It's pretty easy to figure out
c) I wouldn't inflict it on anyone! It's so much work, I highly recommend buying a ready-made one and saving yourself the agony :)
Are you guys bogged down with work right now? Remember to focus on your achievements and keep going! Read Sarah's post too, it's really inspiring :)