Navigation

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June Goals

Goals are pretty important in life if you want to get anything done. It's all well and good to have goals, but writing them down increases your chances of achieving them by 1 billion%* So I decided to share my June goals with you, so you can keep track and whip me into shape if I steer off course.

Be more focused. I'm not 100% sure what this means. I think it means that I'd like to plan my posts more, and put a bit more thought into them. I'll still give you my stream of consciousness rant each day, but I'd also like to construct some more thoughtful posts that are helpful to you, my readers, and offer some kind of advice, inspiration or information beyond what thoughts pop into my head as I write my post!

Play my bass and grow my weird bass hand muscle back. Oh, and get good at scales again. Best to refresh the fundamentals before I get all fancy pants, it's been awhile. A warning to my neighbors: Practicing bass entails me singing along. Go get some earplugs ;)

Create some DIYs/Tutorials (more regularly) Since I work as a graphic designer, I have a pretty good grasp on Photoshop and Illustrator. I have also worked as an editor, camera (wo)man and animator (currently), so I have tonnes of experience in filming video, editing and making animations. Would you guys be interested in learning any of that stuff for Vlogging? Do you Vlog? Or would you prefer just the straight up Photoshop/Photography/Design tips? I am also a qualified bra fitter and barista in case you need help in those departments.

Shoot more outfit posts (at least one per week), which include some accessories or clothing items that I make myself. I have a new sewing machine, it must be put to use!
Open my Esty shop. I want to have this accomplished by the end of June, which means I need to make some stock. Like, now.

Re-establish my gym routine. Lately I've been a bit off the gym, making any excuse not to go. I have also been pretty busy, and missing my classes in favor of attending events that are happening in Sydney. I have the Sydney Film Festival going on for the next 2 weeks as well, so this goal might come into effect for the latter half of the month. Just because it's cold is no excuse Kitty!

What are your goals for June? I'd love to hear them, and remember, writing them down helps you to achieve them, so go ahead and share with me! I'll revisit these goals at the end of the month and I'll be brutally honest with you (and myself) about how well I have done in achieving them!

*If you're actually interested in statistics and goal-making tips, try here and here. Or here. I found those sites to qualify my comments, I couldn't locate the exact reference to the statistic I read, but I think it was a Harvard study and they didn't say 1 billion%, I made that part up ;)

12 comments:

  1. A great list of goals! :D I'll be interested in the diy/tutorials. Photoshop, photography, design, videos!

    I'm really excited to to see your etsy shop! Stock stock stock ;D

    My goals are very similar to yours though I'm not sure if I can do the blisters from playing my ukulele again haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crissy! it's good to hear feedback re: the DIYs/tutorials too, it's really helpful.

      Must. make. sewing time!

      Once the ukelele blisters turn into callouses, it's all good ;)
      x

      Delete
  2. Tips for vlogging would be ace!

    Also, can't wait to see your shop open!

    I'm not very good with goals. So far it's just to make it to Tasmania (in mid july) in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with Tasmania, I've never been, it looks beautiful. Is mid-winter the best time to try it out? ;P brrrr

      (I moved to London during November, so you know... I can say things like that)

      Vlogging tips huh? hmm. okee! I'll start thinking about it more seriously then :)
      x

      Delete
  3. I'd love to seem some photoshop vlogs! I hope to get some uke calluses soon :) And a gym routine! It'd be easier if my works days didn't revolve around all crazy like. Can't wait to see more outfit posts, those yellow shoes are awesome and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! It is SO hard to keep a routine when work changes all the time. I hear you!
      x

      Delete
  4. I started planning my posts last month. It helped me so much! I never felt stressed or overwhelmed. It was the first time in 5 years of blogging that I blogged everyday for a whole month straight! YAY! I am thinking about doing a vlog sometime, but I am so awkward on camera. We'll see. This month I hope to workout everyday,...well almost everyday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How good is planning? I only ever seem to get one day ahead though, and that so easily catches up!

      I feel the same about vlogging. I hate the sound of my own voice (doesn't everyone?)
      x

      Delete
  5. I'd love some editing/animation tips from you! Right now I'm in film school looking to do visual effects. Also, my goal for this month is to finish editing a short documentary I made about bookstore, so it would be cool to put some motion graphics in there!

    http://spectralcountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julianne, cool! Another visual FX person in blog-land :)

      I probably won't have much time to get into detailed motion graphics this month, but if you have any questions or want advice, email me, and I'll help any way I can :)
      x

      Delete
  6. It would be nice to have a couple of html thingies as well :) (Like how do you make a navbar or a picture with your information underneath etc)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, sure! I'm not an html wizard, but I can help out with those kind of things, definitely. I'll add it to my request list ;)
      Thanks for letting me know!
      x

      Delete

Etsy