Navigation

Monday, June 4, 2012

Photo A Day #103 The Scent of Lavender on a Breeze

For the first time in a very long time, I ate lunch by myself today. Even though it was cold out, I went onto the rooftop and sat in the garden. The smell of lavender wafted on the breeze, and despite the sounds of construction and traffic in the city, I felt peaceful. It is so rare that I am alone in a place. There is always family, colleagues, commuters and even my cats scratching at the door when I have a shower! Because I seem to have so little 'spare' time, I try and spend as much as I can with my loved ones, who I unfortunately see the least out of everyone. I don't know how, but I am going to try really hard to squeeze in some 'me' time, where I am not doing anything except relaxing and reflecting. It feels good to pause.


Kitty
xo

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks magical. The sun can make anything look just incredible. Perfect shot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Violet! that means a lot coming from a photographer :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Sounds peaceful. I wish I could have a nice garden, but living in an apartment limits that. Might make my kitchen into a mini garden though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so nice, I love indoor and window plants! This picture is at my office, but I am lucky enough to have a small garden at home (finally!)
      xo

      Delete

Etsy