Navigation

Saturday, July 28, 2012

11 Things about me (Liebster Award)

Hi! You may have heard of the Liebster Blog Award? Right before I went on vacation, I was nominated for one, which I planned on responding to upon my return. Since then, I have received a total of 6! It's kind of like a chain letter, but with good happy thoughts instead of curses ;) I'm not going to bore you with an essay about me, answering 50+ questions. Instead I've selected 11 questions from all 6 nominations and answered those.
My nominators (in no particular order)
Kimberly - Allons-y Kimberly 
Daisy - Bouxwho
 
I didn't like the existing images I could find so I made my own ;)

Description of the award:
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
The RULES: 
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Post 11 things about yourself
3. Answer the questions that the tagger sets for you, plus create 11 new questions for the people you've tagged to answer
4. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs!


1. I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to be when I grew up. I was accepted into Interior Design and Forensic Science for university. I chose Design.

2. I can often be found standing in first position, and sometimes 5th position, a habit formed during many years of ballet classes.

3. On the ballet topic, I used to run my own dance school with 3 other girls, I taught classical ballet, jazz, modern, funk and when the tap teacher moved to Canada, I learned and started teaching tap in about 1 month!

4. My biggest phobia is moths. I know it's irrational, but it can't be helped. The bigger the moth, the scarier it is. The fear extends to many flying insects including butterflies (though they are easily dodged so not as bad), grasshoppers and crickets. Eek! Don't even get me started on those prehistoric monster bugs you see mounted in glass alongside tarantulas in curio shops.

5. I used to live in London. I miss it like crazy and tried to get back there for a long time (with visa restrictions, it's impossible to work there, and without work, well, London is expensive!) I've accepted that I won't be living there again (at least in the near future) and actually, the idea of living in a huge city is becoming less appealing the older I get anyway!

6. I am the oldest of 3 girls, my poor dad is outnumbered 4 to 1!

7. My favorite food is Mexican. The spicier, the better.

8. I'm a 'flexible' vegetarian. I've always fluctuated between eating no meat and a little (MAYBE once a week) But at this time, I haven't eaten any meat for almost a year.

9. I am half German, half Australian (my great grandparents on the Australian side were English)

10. I was always made fun of at school for talking 'posh'. Nobody likes being made fun of, but I am SO glad I talk 'posh'. I really dislike the Australian accent (generally, there are some exceptions!) When I lived in England, most people thought I was English. People also mistake my accent for German, French and American. Somehow I got an international accent growing up with only my grandparents sporting any kind of 'accent' other than Australian.

11. I like hardcore noise music and folk music equally. (I like them both!)


1. If you could have a super power, what would you choose? Why?
Without any doubt in my mind, I would choose the power to teleport. If it's not obvious why, it would be so I could go anywhere I wanted at any time. I could live in Fiji and work in New York, have dinner in Maine and drinks in Paris. Who wouldn't want to be able to teleport?! Also, if you get into trouble, you could just spirit yourself away. Or if someone was annoying you... And I'd never have to drive in peak hour or catch public transport again. I could go on...

2. If you could only shop in one clothing store for the rest of your life, what would it be? (What's your favorite store?)
Vintage and Thrift stores, not one in particular. I love finding one-of-a-kind treasures!

3.  Books versus movies? Which would you pick if you could only have one?
Books. Definitely books. Because I get to use my imagination, it's a more active activity, where movies are passive and let your brain be lazy (there are exceptions on both sides of this coin!)

4. What is your favourite kind of tea?
I can't go past a T2 Detox which contains fennel seed, nettle leaf, juniper berries, blackberry leaves, liquorice root, spearmint leaf, lemongrass and yellow rosebud, marigold flowers.

5. Why do you blog? (there were a few questions along these lines, so this is my answer to all of them)
I wanted a place to encourage me to be more creative outside of my work, and practice my photography, so I started it as a 'photo a day' document. I love creating something that is for me, it's a place where I can be myself creatively, which is a big freedom.

6. What noise do you find the most annoying?
It's not even annoying, the sound of fingernails on a blackboard makes my skin crawl. Thinking about it makes my skin crawl! For that matter, filing fingernails comes a close second.

7. If money and skill did not exist or matter, what career would you choose for yourself? (What is your dream career?)
Having a creative business time with my fiance, writing and playing music, photography, design on our own terms. (Because money exists I am working toward this instead of doing it right now!)

8. Where have you traveled that you loved so much you didn't want to leave? 
The Lake District in England. I even tried to rent a house there!

9. Favorite place in the world?
Anywhere where my fiance is! awww…
10. What is your main form of transportation?
I walk as much as I can, as often as I can, but I have to catch the train to work (almost 1 hour each way - definitely not walkable. I looked it up, it would take 6 hours and 18 minutes hours to walk one way without a rest!)

11. What is your favorite thing to do when you're not working (What is your perfect day?)
Go for a walk and explore in nature

Phew! Are you guys still with me? I hope so, because it's time for...
I've nominated some of my regular readers and lovely GFC followers who have under 200 followers, you know, to share the love? If I nominated you, don't feel obliged to go through with this task, but I would love to get to know you better, so email me a link to your post if you do it! (I noticed some of my readers on the lists I was on, so I've tried to avoid sending this to you again)
Louise - Divine Disarray
Cassie - Cassie Shea
Manda - Unlaced Heart
Crissy - Candypow
Laura - Little Mrs
Aarika - Darth Pickles


1. Would you rather explore deep space or the deep ocean?
2. If you could be any character in a movie, who would you be? Why?
3. Which blog do you read first every day?
4. Skirts or pants?
5. Name 5 people from any time past or present who you'd invite to a dinner party
6. What is your dream holiday destination?
7. What is your favourite book and/or film?
8. Tell me one of your dreams (a nighttime one, you know, that you have when you're asleep)
9. Who was your first crush on? (mine was Astro Boy, then David Bowie - bonus answers from me!)
10. If you had to choose one food to eat for the rest of life, what would it be?
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?

If you made it this far, congratulations. You now have a deeper insight into my hopes and dreams ;)

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy