Navigation

Monday, July 9, 2012

On Vacation with Jessie: My Mod Style

HELLO! My name is Jessie and my blog is My Mod Style. When Kitty asked me to do a travel related guest post on her blog, I knew right away what I wanted to post about. I haven't traveled much yet, but a road trip that I took last year changed me forever! I believe once you get what I call "the travel bug", there is no turning back. Last year I drove across the country from the state of Ohio to the state of California with my cute little Yorkie, Muffins. I am now truly a road trip / traveling junkie. Here is my story...




Road Trip Collage gry

I am a strong believer of the phrase, everything happens for a reason. One event or decision in your life can lead you on a whole new path, adventure or chapter in your life. I was never one to travel or take vacations. That all changed when my husband decided to join the United States Air Force. I was excited but nervous at the same time. Little did I know that it was going to open so many doors for me and cause some major personal changes in my life. It started with a road trip across the country by myself. I am from the state of Ohio and my husband ended up stationed in California to do some schooling for his career with the Air Force. I couldn't stand the thought of us being apart for 6 months or missing the chance to live in California myself. I made the decision to pack up my apartment, put all my stuff in storage, quit my job, pack my car up with only what I needed and start my journey to California. It was a 2,400 mile drive and I took 3 days to complete it. My only regret is that I didn't stop and see anything. At the time I was on one mission, get to my husband as soon as possible! I did take lots of pictures while I was driving. (I promise I was very safe while doing so!) I shared some of my favorites below.




RoadTrip1

Before I took the long road trip by myself, my life felt like it was in a rut. Life can become way too "routine" and boring. As I drove over state line after state line I was fascinated with the change in scenery. I got to see mountains, rock formations, rolling hills and the desert. It was so eye opening! It made me realize that there was so much to see and I wondered why I had waited so long. It motivated me to do more and enjoy all that I can. For myself, travel and sight seeing makes me feel like I am living a more fulfilled life. I don't think it's just a feeling either, it's a reality. We all have to get out there and explore! Make memories, take pictures, go places and have adventures. Life is way too short to not take advantage of the beauty mother nature offers us. Why am I telling you all this?




Road Trip words1Road Trip3

Don't be like me and wait. I honestly believe that if my husband would not have joined the Air Force I would have never experienced any of this. I was always a bit of a timid person and nervous about doing things alone. I was forced to leave my comfort zone. I have now drove around 7,200 miles all by myself. I am proud of that. I just did it. I didn't let people talk me out of going because I was going to be alone. I didn't let my fears stop me. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I hope that my story inspires you to go places and do stuff!




Road Trip words2Road Trip2

There is something special about watching scenery change state by state, letting the wind blow in your hair, listening to your music really loud, taking pictures of mountains and feeling connected with nature!




Cross Country RTRIP4

Also I suggest visiting National parks and especially go see the ocean. Go sink your toes in the sand and listen to the peaceful sounds of the waves hitting the shore. The ocean was my favorite part about living in California. I now live in the state of Wyoming where there are many beautiful places to see. I am currently working on going to as many National parks as I can. I try to take advantage of all that my area has to offer. It's easy to take your home town or city for granted because you live there. You never know when life may throw you a curve ball and move you half way across the country or even to another continent, so do what you can while you can! :)




I continue to find new places I hope to visit daily, including many countries overseas!
I dream of trips to London, Antarctica, Germany and especially Australia!
Thanks for reading and thanks to Kitty for having me!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy