Navigation

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

4 Simple Goals (Before 2013)


After reading Elsie's "4 Simple Goals" post the other day, I decided to take her up on the challenge to set four goals for myself, simple goals that I can achieve before the new year. Considering that we have four months left of 2012 (!), it seems manageable to conquer this list, one month per goal :) The point of these goals is that they are not result oriented, but motivated by positive actions that enrich your everyday life, instead of creating pressure to reach a certain benchmark.


1. Lately, I feel like I am brimming with ideas. I have ideas for cool photo-shoots and ideas for jewelry to make with all of my antique pieces I have been collecting. I have ideas for drawings, for fabric prints, for bag designs, for soft accessories and so on. Hundreds of ideas. Then I see a cool hanging pot plant that I want to build for spring. And a DIY jewelry box. I could go on... I'd like to be able to physically hold some of these up to show you before the end of the year! Stop thinking and start doing, if you will.

2. Counter to the above goal (ha!) I'm aiming to take at least one day off a fortnight. This might sound crazy to some people, but I have a full time job. On top of that I am blogging and running my online store, plus I take other design jobs as they pop up. I rarely (ok, never) have a whole day off. I'm toying with the idea of sleeping in and reading a book, going for a walk and having a nanna nap. Baking cookies, having picnics. Playing with my kitties. Sound good?

3. It's been a long time since C and I went on a day trip outside of Sydney. It's so refreshing to get away from the city, even for a day. Before Christmas rolls around, I'd like to do this at least once.

4. Photography is one of my passions, I've been taking photographs since I was a kid. I have many film cameras, Polaroid cameras and various lenses and filters for my DSLR. But I always use the same lens. Usually on the same settings. In the next few months I'd like to shoot more film (I have some in the fridge ready to go). I'd also like to change my lenses more often, in order to challenge myself in new ways. As far as being a subject, well, I almost freeze when I get my picture taken. I often grimace. I've been improving a lot in the past few months, but I'd like to be a little more adventurous and brave when I'm in front of the lens!

I can't wait to get started on these simple goals! I'll report back before 2013 (gulp!) and let you know how I go. If any of you would like to participate, I encourage you to visit A Beautiful Mess and link up there, but I'd also love to read your goals, so leave me a comment too. Remember, simple, achievable, activity focused goals. Four of them. Best of luck!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy