Navigation

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Photo A Day #181 Great Ocean Road Part 1

I decided I should share some photos with you from my recent quick trip to the Great Ocean Road. C and I drove from Melbourne to Adelaide, soaking up the small town coastal Australia and, well, we had a great time. We had such a good time we got engaged ;) Here are the images from the first part of our trip, in Melbourne.


Melbourne is definitely my favourite city in Australia. It has a fantastic sense of culture, and there is always something going on. People there seem to be really excited about the arts and not just sport and shopping (sorry Sydney, I don't want to tar everyone with the same brush, but that's the overall feeling I get) Melbourne always has the BEST thrift and vintage stores, with the most amazing furniture that I am unable to take back on the plane :(

Not a happy chicken. Besides having the flu, it was FREEZING there!
Live music is happening everywhere and there are loads of small bars with exotic cocktails, or a good old beer with some Mexican food. I love that it is a 'biking' city, and the tram network is fabulous. I know everyone complains about it, but to be honest, it kills Sydney's transport system!


Pretty much the entire time we were in Melbourne I was bedridden with the flu, but I did get out and about for short bursts. It was disappointing, but there is always an excuse to come back again. Our hotel was incredible as well! What a beautiful old building :) It had hallways that reminded me of Stanley Kubrick's film "The Shining". Immediate winner in my books :)


Kitty
xo

All photos by C, except the hotel one at the end, that was me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy