Navigation

Thursday, September 13, 2012

What I Wore - A Hint of Spring

Can you tell that I'm enjoying the hint of spring in the air? I purchased a few things in the Modcloth sale, so I thought I'd give them a test run while it is warm (it's cooling down again for the weekend, boo) A couple of the things I'm wearing sold out, it's always the way! It is great being in the Southern Hemisphere though, I can always get season-relevant (to me) clothes on sale from USA and European stores :) That said, I do try and support local businesses with the majority of my purchases, especially small business and handmade, it's really important, as tempting as the overseas sales can be.

Gotta end on a silly note - a half-failed swirly picture :) Did I get the swirl, cameraman? No.

Dress // Modcloth (sold out)
Cardigan // Dangerfield
Sandals // Seychelles via Modcloth (sold out)
Belt // Modcloth
Hair Bow // Kitty & Buck
Brooch // Flea Market
Taco Clutch // Gift from C
(sorry, not a great photo of the ring, but you'll see it again VERY soon!)

How cool is my taco bag?!! It's uncanny that a taco matches my new flowery dress, but there you go. It's actually the perfect size for stashing my camera too. This dress is super comfy, I think I will be wearing it a lot in spring and summer. I love that it's made in the USA and it has LINING! Hooray! No need to get a slip or have see through skirt. Also, the Seychelles sandals are so comfy, I wore them walking all over town on the first wear and didn't get any blisters.

One of my goals much earlier in the year was to wear more things that I have made. I really wanted to wear my wooly scarf that I knitted, but somehow winter escaped me. How time flies. Here's one of my favourite hair bows instead. Such a fun way to dress up a bun, 2 minutes and I'm out the door, I love bunching all my hair up on top, must be the ballet dancer in me.

Kitty
xo

All photos by C.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy