Navigation

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Found #43

I spotted this lovely bag on Sydney-based online store Girl + Graaf. I looks like such a comfortable bag, if that makes sense? Just soft and comfy. The stars are so pretty as well!

This has been popping up everywhere lately, Lomography are running a Kickstarted campaign to get their 35mm film scanner into production. It's reached the project goal amount, but you can still get a piece of that pie if you're interested! It's a film scanner that works with your phone, so you can digitise 35mm film using your cellphone camera and this special device. Pretty cool huh?

When I was in school, I loved art class. One of my favourite parts of art class (aside from photography) was pottery! There seems to be this huge resurgence of ceramics lately and I feel a little nostalgic toward the art. I've decided not to indulge that nostalgia just yet I think I have enough on my plate! When I saw these "Potheads" by Melbourne lady Kim Jaeger, it reminded me of one of my favourite pottery activities, making squishy heads with funny faces. Aren't they lovely?

Howbeautiful are these cushion covers from Little Attic Shop on Etsy? It makes me want to do some cross-stitching on furnishings. Once again, see previous item for reasons why I won't! I love the texture and colours on this one.

There's a photo feature on Boston.com celebrating 125 years of National Geographic. The photography is always beautiful and it reminds me of a time when the world was mysterious and not readily available on the internet. I'm not sure how NatGeo still does that, but they seem to achieve it. Must be something about seeing it in print. Maybe I'm old fashioned. Check out all the photos, they are incredible. This is one of my favourites.

Today in Sydney we had our hottest day on record, since records began in the late 1800's. It reached 45.8ºC which is just over 114º. Insane. It felt like an oven. It's ok though, tomorrow is rainy and 25º. Sigh. I don't like the heat but can we have some consistency? My poor immune system cannot handle these drastic fluctuations. 25 and rainy is actually fine by me, let's tune in on that one!

We are going to sit down and hatch some kind of Japan plan. It's Operation Itinerary! I do love to be spontaneous but I have a tendency to be a little teensy bit like Owen Wilson's character in The Darjeeling Limited. Look out for some laminated itinerary documents soon. I think it's a good idea to embrace that part of me for this trip as the language barrier, and the fact it's a busy time for tourism might throw a spanner in my laissez faire holiday traditions. There's also some exciting blog design happening, I'll give you an update on that next week. What does your weekend hold? I hope it's something nice, have a great one :)
Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy