Navigation

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What I Wore - Bladerunner - Like Tears In Rain


We've had a busy week of shows and events, two of them at the lovely Sydney Opera House. On Sunday evening, it was Dead Can Dance, Lisa Gerrard's vocal skills did not disappoint, her voice is incredible. Her unconventional tones combined with the cacophony of drums and delightful sounds of her dulcimer and Brendan's sitar sent me to a happy place.


We shot these pictures after listening to the Sydney Symphony Orchestra perform the Zelda Symphony. Yes, you read that correctly. There is a Zelda Symphony. I believe it was the first time it was played in Australia and it was an awesome all-out geek-fest. I love Zelda, and music, so this was so much fun. Also, as an added bonus, a friend from high school, who I had not seen since, was up on stage playing violin. I felt like a proud sister, she worked so hard on her violin practice all through school and is now playing in the Sydney Symphony!

After our heatwave, it's been cold and rainy, so I had the perfect excuse to bring out my extra-special umbrella that was a gift for Christmas. I love the film Bladerunner and C managed to score me a replica of the umbrellas that people (and replicants) use in Syd Mead's vision of the future.


The other performance we witnessed was Bat For Lashes, I already had a deep admiration for Natasha Khan and she did not disappoint. Her voice, dance moves and rainbow cape captured my heart as I danced along to her beautiful music. What a week huh? I still have some shows lined up in the coming month including Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Cat Power.


I really wanted to tell you of my love for Bladerunner, Dystopian visions of the future and Deckard. Another time perhaps.
Dress // Modcloth (old)
Tights // Basque
Jacket // Saxony
Booties // Diesel (gift)
Bladerunner Umbrella // Gift
Pixel Hair Bow // Gift
Camera Bag // Jo Totes

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy