Navigation

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Guest Post: Life, Beauty, Music with lindsey duffin

Hi there! Today I'm really pleased to introduce Lindsey, who blogs over at lindsey duffin. Lindsey is super sweet and is a musician and prolific sewer, amongst other things. Check out her guest post below, I won't ruin her introductory post by spilling too many beans. Please take a second to pop over to her blog and say hello! ~Kitty xo
Hello everyone, I am so happy to write to all of you Kitty & Buck readers! My name is Lindsey and I am a nineteen year old blogger from Texas. I wanted to share with you why I started blogging and what it means to me!
I remember going to a small town school that was filled with "clicks". There were some students who felt out of place, and I was one of them. I remember the "read aloud" assignments in class and how I would use different voices for characters, and apparently, that was sooo lame. The cool thing to do in school was slack off, not be creative, and conform to all those around you. From an early age I would get frustrated that all my friends wanted to do when we hung out was get on Myspace or watch movies, when all I wanted to do was create something.
Now, supporting myself as a full time musician, I have bright days all to myself. (I play late night gigs, so my work hours are usually from 10pm - 2am.) With all this time I get to channel my creativeness and go crazy.
In my LIFE I enjoy sewing, any DIY projects, writing music, learning about graphic design, hairstyling, painting, anything outdoors, organizing, cooking, and of course, blogging.

 photo Untitled-1_zpsa7e97289.jpg
A skirt, scarf and dress I made!
 photo skirty-Copy_zpsdddb8404.jpg
Homeade shirt and skirt
What I find BEAUTIFUL are people. I love when people want something and work towards goals. I love when people come together to be good to others who have seen tragedy. I find the 1950s beautiful. Polka dots, bright colors, fluffy hair, modesty, it's all pretty!
MUSIC is very special to me and has been my whole life. I love writing songs, playing in front of people, and just creating unique pieces. I play the fiddle, mandolin and I also sing. I started a YouTube channel to share with everyone (including my fiddle students) my love for music and my wide range in style! I only have one video up for now, and have lots more to come ;)

 photo 548659_500992969913952_1837117438_n_zpsd916e41e.jpg
Playing a gig in Dallas!
I started this blog to hopefully inspire those who don't know what their passions in life are, and those who may get bored too often. To those of you who ever felt out of place in your life, I'm right there with you! It's okay though, I believe that finding out what you love and enjoy in life is important. Since I have figured those out in my own life, I want to be able to share those things with you through my blog amidst Life, Beauty, and Music. (:

Follow me here!--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy