Navigation

Friday, May 31, 2013

Feature Shop // Down That Little Lane

Today I'm really pleased to introduce you to an online store that I'm pretty sure you will fall in love with the moment you lock eyes through your screen. Down That Little Lane (DTLL) is run by Tessa, an English born lady who now calls Sydney home. I've asked her a few questions so you can find out about the store, and get some advice from Tessa if you are a small business looking to sell your wares.


Down That Little Lane is an online marketplace for quality handmade goods. How did it all start?
Down that Little Lane is not just about being handmade as many items are designed by our creators and then produced for them but it  IS all about unique items and pieces you won't find in many local shops. I am a person that likes to find unusual gifts and I started DTLL as a place to share the smaller businesses I had discovered whilst doing that, the ones that made my little heart thump, the ones I felt should be shown to a bigger audience.
What is the philosophy behind Down That Little Lane?
To support small businesses and help them grow to a much larger scale. The get to know the ones I longed to know more about with every delivery that came to my door over the years and our mission statement is “We aim to attract an elite community of fine product makers and suppliers and become the best on-line multi-store in Australia” I think this reflects our commitment to selecting every seller by their high-end, independent and niche products.

How do you source and select vendors for the marketplace?
There is not a single way I do NOT source.. I am constantly asking someone where they got that amazing bag, I read so many niche blogs, follow amazing designers in all sorts of places and generally get drawn to anything out of the ordinary on my travels.

Can you share some of your current favourite products/stores in Down That LIttle Lane?
Oh now that is not fair.. I love them all but on my hit list for purchases in the next few weeks are...
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

Do you have any advice for handmade sellers looking to succeed in this competitive online environment?
Make sure you have something different about your designs, be original and don't copy others. Believe in your talent and don't spread yourself too thin by marketing yourself everywhere, choose the right audience and really go for it and publicising those avenues.


Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous business with us Tessa!

If you are looking for a gift for a special someone (that includes yourself), check out DTLL, it's full of fun, beautiful and practical bits and pieces for guys and gals :) Also, if you follow on instagram, you get special access to weekly giveaways! (That's in addition to the fortnightly giveaways run on the DTLL home page - more reasons to check in often)

find Down This Little Lane around the web:

Kitty
xo

(don't forget Google Reader is leaving us, keep up to date with Kitty & Buck with Bloglovin')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy