Navigation

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Found #68


Any science geeks out there? You probably don't have to be a science geek to enjoy this Periodic Tableware. I always loved Chemistry class, until I dropped out in my final year of school, because my teacher was not particularly helpful at explaining anything. I wouldn't mind reliving my bunsen burner days with this set!

An April Idea makes these lovely notebooks, each containing an original hand-drawn illustration. I've got to learn me some lettering skills!

How cute is this illustrated instructional sheet? How to do your own laundry, helpful if you're just moving out from your parents, or as a gift for someone who may need a little help ;)
via: Caravan

How incredible are macro photographs of snowflakes?! I'm getting in the mood as our spring-like weather is apparently about to turn into a proper winter.
via : Flickr

These hand-made porcelain hand earrings from Ship And Shape are so great!

This isn't a new post, but I haven't had time to dig into my reading list this week, so I thought I'd share an older post that I think is really great. Grace from Design Sponge did a whole series on etiquette a little while back. The first post was on being a gracious host and guest, which I've linked to today. Although, each post in the series is useful. I think people are being brought up differently these days, and perhaps not as much emphasis is being put on manners, and giving thought to how you should treat others. I'm not all for being completely stuffy and formal, but it's nice to be respectful and kind, and I think this series reminds people of the little things they can do to make someone else comfortable and welcome. It's definitely a reciprocal agreement though, so no matter what situation you are in, try to remember some of the simple tips offered up and you'll be doing pretty well :)


This post is a little later than usual, work is hectic! I'm enjoying my new freelance gig immensely though, and it's nice to work hard with a bunch of other people who work hard and want to do good work. On a social note, we went to the movies tonight and watched Pacific Rim. I really, really wanted to like it. I mean, how can you go wrong with inter-dimensional sea monsters fighting huge robots that look like Daft Punk? Directed by Guillermo Del Toro? I mean, really. How CAN you go wrong?

As is often the case, it did go horribly, horribly wrong. The plot looks like a piece of swiss cheese that some mice nibbled extra holes in. The acting is not... amazing. They seem to have English actors playing an American and an Australian and an American actor playing an Australian. As you can imagine, the accents get a bit wobbly. They introduce plot elements and then ignore them. I don't want to put in any spoilers, but the amazing things I thought they were doing, they started to do, and then didn't follow through. Even the most obvious things. It was just a big smash and grab. Probably as thought provoking and interesting as Fast and The Furious Part 6. Not that I've seen it. For all I know, it might be an amazing movie. Anyway. Pacific Rim, not a winner for me. I'm hoping to see Monsters University and cleanse my movie-going mind a little.

Have you seen any good movies lately?

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy