Navigation

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Interview with Melinda's Musings

I'm really pleased to introduce Melinda to you today! If you are not familiar with her blog, Melinda's Musings, you should check it out. You'll find all kinds of interesting bit and pieces including lovely photographs, fashion, recipes and of course, adventures in Brooklyn, which is the place Melinda calls home. But I'll let Melinda tell you about that.

What makes you smile?
My boyfriend, my friends, & my family. Gorgeous weather. Bookstores. The moments when I stop stressing about the little things and reflect on how truly amazing life is.
You work as a children's wear designer, you have two blogs, a society6 store and more! What is your favourite format to work in?
Right now I would have to say photography is my favorite creative medium to work in. In the past it's been painting, fashion illustration, writing, sewing...all at different times. So I'm pretty sure they'll be another favorite format I'll pick up soon!
Any top secret tips for the folks out there on places to see in your hometown of Brooklyn?
Brooklyn Bridge Park is a must. They've built it up so much in the past few years, I can't wait to see what else they add to it. Have lunch at the Fornino rooftop, walk past the volleyball courts and soccer fields, and head to the DUMBO side for a spin on Jane's Carousel. If it's Sunday indulge your tastebuds at Smorbasburg.

Also the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens & the Brooklyn Museum. Get to the Botanic Gardens before 12pm on a Saturday and it's FREE. If you catch the first Saturday of the month (Target First Saturdays) you can also go the Museum (right next door) for free too from 5-11pm.

Into browsing bookstores? Community Bookstore and Greenlight Bookstore are two of my favorites. The best ice-cream? Ample Hills Creamery. Cheese fanatic? Brooklyn Larder. Craft beer lover? Hot Bird

I could go on, but I've told you too much already!
How would you spend your perfect weekend?
Option A is a mini-getaway with my boyfriend Taz (it's a nickname!). Anything artsy or outdoorsy (and outside of the city!) gets me excited. And if the day ends with wine-tasting, even better!

Option B would just be staying local, taking a morning Bikram class, followed by a fresh vegetable juice and a coffee (in that order). An afternoon walk in the park, reading a book, catching up on things, and a dinner out with Taz and some friends. I actually really love days like this. 
Do you have any secret talents?
Hmmm, it's not a secret, but I practice Bikram yoga. I can't do a headstand, but I'm getting pretty good at toe-stand!

To find out more visit me at Melinda's Musings! I'd love to connect with you there. Also on:


*All photographs in this post are from Melinda's Musings and MD Hearts BK blogs :)

Thank you so much for sharing a piece of your life with us today Melinda! It's been lovely learning more about you, and I now have a great little to-do list next time I'm in Brooklyn ;)
Kitty
xo


(keep up to date with Kitty & Buck with Bloglovin')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy