Navigation

Friday, November 1, 2013

Found #77

Koromiko has a beautiful selection of handcrafted goods, I could probably pore over their kitchen section all day. Then I remember that I like to generally eat my dinner propped on my wacom tablet in front of my computer.
via: Koromiko

If you've been around here for a little while, you might know already that I'm a fan of Maggie Pate. Have you seen her Etsy store, Inks And Thread? She creates the most beautiful silk scarves, a mixture of hand-dyed and artist collaborations. This picnic scarf is so beautiful.

Here's one for all the cat friends out there. The 9 Life is a Japanese store with all things cat-related and this welcome home shelf is the perfect perch for a furry friend (I'd probably remove the glasses first!)

 This look from the ModCloth site is so pretty! I have a couple of thrifted dresses that would look fab with this cut, I'm considering pulling out the scissors and sewing machine... Wish me luck!
via: ModCloth
While we were wandering around Tokyo, I spotted some gorgeous bags by a Japanese designer, sold under the brand name Goa. They have an online store, I wish they had more of the bags online, but I remember seeing this one, it's just gorgeous.
via: Goa

image via: Create As Folk

I have two favourite posts this week. The first one is from Create As Folk, and talks about "one of the biggest barriers between most people and a meaningful career". It's definitely a question I've asked myself many times, and it does pop up even now, so it's good to be reminded that I do deserve a meaningful career!

My other favourite post was from Chantilly, who asked what makes you happy? I fall in and out of the habit of posting things I am grateful for on this blog, and I haven't done it in a long time now! I like Chantilly's post, because she realised that she had been holding back from some things that make her happy, and it made me wonder how many others do that too. I bet there's a lot of you! So, as she suggested, why don't you sit down this weekend and write a list of the things that make you happy? And then make sure you have those things in your life! Here's just a couple off the top of my head:

  • Since we both work from home a lot more now, spending way more time with C
  • Kitty cuddles
  • Enjoying tastes from my garden
  • The little burst of energy after a really tough workout
  • Playing music and writing silly little songs (mostly with 3 chords at best)
  • Dancing ballet
  • Crossing off a to-do list
  • Correspondence with far away friends
  • Coffee dates with close-to-me friends
  • Evening walks
  • The sound of the ocean

If you want, I'd definitely love for you to share some of the things that make you happy in the comments. I hope you have a lovely, happy-things-filled weekend :)

Kitty
xo

keep up to date with Kitty & Buck on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy