Navigation

Monday, December 2, 2013

Life Lately

Maggie and Nico show the best ways to relax
I haven't had a chance to shoot many pictures lately (the rain has been merciless), hence the lack of Wordless Weekend posts the past few weeks. Let me know if you'd like me to keep them up, and I'll work at getting a shoot done each week if you're still into them.

That aside, I thought I'd share some of my Instagram pictures from November, since it's been a while since I chatted about what I've been up to.
unrelated to the text, but here's some yummy breakfast preparations

I'm feeling thoroughly on top of Christmas planning, working from home does wonders for getting stuff done ;) The (almost) 3 hours a day I'm saving on commuting is a godsend. In other news, I'm starting a little contract this week that means I will be back on the train, doing the 9-5 thing for December. I'm pretty grateful to have a big chunk of work this month, despite the commuting, so no complaints here.

I've spent this weekend working on a complete overhaul of the Kitty & Buck design. I am so, so excited to get it up and running, but I think it will be a little while yet. I want it to be perfect this time, in the past I have gotten a little excited and launched designs before they were really ready. Wish me some patience! On top of that I'll be working on a new site for my design services too, all hopefully launching before 2014 (wish me patience and luck)
I've been really, really enjoying working at home, since C works from home as well, we've been seeing each other a lot more and I'm loving it! I'm not sure if he's used to my constant chattering but I think he's coping OK. (we don't have an arcade table in our house... yet)
A little picture of what I wore on a ghost tour for a birthday gift earlier this month. Guys. Let me start by saying, I'm preeetty skeptical when it comes to ghost stuff. More than anything, I would love to see ghosts roaming around, wouldn't it be amazing to know there was such mystery in the world? Anyhow. I can generally find a logical explanation for ghost sightings and such. As the tour was starting, we were standing in the hallway of the house in dim candlelight. A couple of older ladies excused themselves as the edged past us in the hallway to get outside, and our guide explained that they were the caterers preparing our supper. A minute or two later, I saw a man at the end of the hallway outside a door. He walked back a forth a few times and then he walked down the perpendicular hallway down by the door. I thought he was another staff member and didn't consider it further.
We walked down the hallway and into the room (where he had been standing outside the closed door) and I realised there was no hallway there, just a couple of locked doors to the attic and a storage room. I decided that I must have imagined the man in the dim light as he couldn't have just vanished. After a little history of the room, we stepped outside and the guide explained that people sometimes see a man around the doorway, and he was quite an upsetting figure for people as he seemed to be very unpleasant. I was really surprised and mentioned that I had seen a man, but assumed he was a staff member. I'm still not sure what happened. I can easily tell myself it was dark and I must have imagined him, but it is weird that I saw a man in the spot where other people see a man? In other news, I did have the sensation of someone stroking the back of my legs below my knees, and I wonder again, if I was imagining it, or if there was a ghost who liked my cat tights!?
There's always a lot of bookstore visits in my world. There is a great 2nd hand bookstore in Newtown that is like a tribute to book hoarders. Everything is dusty and disorganised, shelves too close together, random piles of books holding the ceilings up. I love looking in there, it always feels like you could strike the jackpot at any time and rummage up a first edition of Catcher In The Rye (I know, I'm totally dreaming) They do have this cute 'cat run'. No cats spotted this time. Also the shells and beach glass were collected when we shot my outfit earlier this week.
There is a real Christmas tree being delivered to our house on Wednesday, I'm so excited to enjoy the smell and watch Nico enjoy the tree, too! She is in love with Christmas trees. One year, she liberated a branch from our plastic tree and she still has it stashed with all of her goodies. It's her favourite toy. Last time we had a real tree, she lived inside it about halfway up like an owl. Too. Cute. I'll be sure to share some pictures once the decorations are on and it feels all seasonal in here.

You can follow my instagram @kittyandbuck
Kitty
xo
Follow Facebook Bloglovin' Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy